Monday 1 September 2014

Sewing: A Baby Quilt

I'm lucky Reuben's a boy, there aren't nearly as many cute things I could sew for a boy as there is if he were a girl... ahhhh, the ruffles I would go crazy with little dresses full of ruffles.

But my adorable friends had an adorable girl and so I decide to make her a little quilt. I've found the one for Reuben incredibly useful especially as now I put him on the floor quite a bit (and, it helps with mopping up the drool, dribble and spews when I'm out an about).

Nothing better than bright pink and Wonder Woman.

 Made with flannel, quilting batting and blanket ribbon. It is a quick project in theory but with a little one a more accurate time frame is about 4 naps worth, especially if you get some good naps in there.
 Sewing is a wonderfully practical hobby for me, I enjoy taking the time to figure out the puzzle of the pieces and I'm confident enough now to give almost anything a try. I'm not a perfectionist by any stretch of the imagination but I do enjoy the process; deciding on pattern and fabric, measuring, cutting, sewing, finishing. I love/hate that fabric choice can make or break a pattern. But what I like most about it is the time to think and often when sewing for other people or for an occasion it is a really nice to to reflect.


What's your hobby?

Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and that fabric! Quilting and reading are my hobbies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele, I have to confess, I'm not very good at quilting, I tend to cheat anyway I can! And I got lucky with the fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete